Sunday, May 5, 2013

Creative Resume


Well I got married and shifted to Mumbai and join the first job that came to my way but soon I realize I can do better, so I started looking out for a new job. Getting the first one was easy but changing it and finding the second one turned out to be a hard case but I wasn't ready to give up. After applying for hundreds of jobs and not getting a reply from even one. I thought there is something wrong with my resume.
I mean I have sound qualification, good experience and great personality for sure. So where was I lacking, I realize my resume was a normal one just like any other resume, there is nothing creative about it. It looks like the rest.
So I set my journey to re-launch my resume just like we relaunch an unsuccessful product. I went though hundred of resumes online and after few experiment I finally found the “one”. I mean it wasn't too gaudy or too numb. It suits my profile of marketing manager.
Below you will find my resume experiments. Please be happy to leave comments and to ask anything on the matter.
this is my old resume simple and less effective


and my new creative one

This is where i got the idea from
If you also want the blank green template please mail me your request at sonika@mail.com and i will fwd it to you.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonika, seems you have really worked on your Resume seriously, as the revised one is vastly better than the original one, which to be frank, was old school. In my opinion, there is no "right" Resume format, as some prefer the chronological one to the Functional one, or vice versa. Also, creativity in Resume design is not necessary for non-creative fields / roles. It is only expected in creative roles as in advtg, creative art, etc., where the role involves thinking out of the box and ideating. Good luck with your new Resume, and hope it gives you the desired results.

    ReplyDelete